Thursday, October 30, 2014

Snapchat Hack

Despite the Snapchat hack earlier this year, it has not slowed down the active users on Snapchat at all. A new study found that most college students still trust Snapchat and haven't changed their use of the app since the hack. The hack of Snapchat resulted in nearly 200,000 private user photos and videos that were published all over the web. The Snapchat photos and videos are on the same site that leaked the first exposing photos of actress Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities.

There was a pole that found that even with the security vulnerabilities within the app, the majority of Snapchat's college users aren't having second thoughts about the app. Of these students, most said the hack would not change how they use the app and over half reported they still trust Snapchat. There is an app called Snapsaved, Snapsaved is the third party Snapchat-saving app that was the target of the hack. Surprisingly there were students who actually  claimed of using the app themselves. One of the most popular reasons that college students like to communicate on Snapchat is because their parents are not on there. On Facebook, almost everyone has an account and stalks your profile. Snapchat is for the more younger crowd than the older.

 

What is your input on the whole Snapchat hack? Do you or would you still use Snapchat?
Article 

8 comments:

  1. I usually am not bothered by a company that gets hacked one time. After the first hack, I think that a company probably invests in technology that makes them more secure than the rest of the companies in the world. However, it would appear that snapchat has been hacked twice. To me this indicates a lack of leadership and responsibility. It would be hard for me to trust such a company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still use snap chat and was not even aware that snap chat had been hacked. I just feel that it does not matter to a lot of people because the app seems like a save thing to use, but just because you cannot see the picture after a certain amount of time does not mean that someone else cannot or that those pictures are being saved somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been skeptical of snapchat before but, I haven't let it stop me from using it. I knew that it had been hacked before and I've also heard that they do have access to the pictures and videos you post after they are gone. I don't know if that is true or not but, as with any social media, you should always be weary of what you post. I do feel like it should be more trustworthy since it is more of a private communication app for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Want to use this medium in appreciating cyber golden hacker , after being ripped off my money,he helped me find my cheating lover he helped me hack her WHATSAPP, GMAIL and kik and i got to know that he was cheating on me, in less than 24 hours he helped me out with everything, cybergoldenhacker is trust worthy and affordable contact him on: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com


    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete